The world of online document processing is about to be revolutionized as Google takes eSignature to the next level. After initiating alpha testing in June 2022, Google is set to launch eSignature in open beta for its Workspace Individual subscribers, expanding its reach to Google Workspace customers in the near future.
- Immediate Accessibility: Workspace Individual subscribers can instantly access eSignature without additional sign-ups.
- Seamless Integration for Business: Targeting solopreneurs and SMEs, eSignature is incorporated into Google Docs to make contract management more intuitive.
- Diverse Functionality: Users can not only request signatures but also monitor status, complete contracts within Google Drive, and use documents as templates for multiple eSignature requests.
What’s On the Horizon?
By year-end, Google plans to enhance eSignature with:
- Audit trail: Auto-generated reports for all finalized contracts.
- Multi-signer: Facilitating signature requests from multiple users.
- Inclusivity: Extending eSignature requests to non-Gmail users.
- PDF Integration: Initiating eSignatures for PDFs stored in Google Drive.
Beta Testing for Workspace Clients:
Specific Google Workspace editions will be eligible to beta test eSignature. An exciting addition for beta testers is the upcoming custom email layouts in Gmail. This will empower users to customize, reuse, or craft new email templates.
Incorporating eSignature directly within Google Docs and Drive is a clear move towards offering businesses an integrated and holistic solution for contract management. By simplifying this process, Google ensures that businesses, regardless of their size, can operate with efficiency and professionalism.